Agape, meaning unconditional love, is committed to providing a community-based program, nourishing the body, mind, and spirit of our guests in a cost effective and financially responsible manner.
Agape Table offers low cost ways to provide nutritional food to those who have difficulty making ends meet.
We provide Emergency food services for breakfast, soup, coffee, tea and juice. We provide a safe, community environment for people to go. Did you know we served over 130,000 bowls of soup last year?
Who uses Agape Table?
Men, Women, Children, housed at risk, homeless, working, low income seniors, single parents, persons with disabilities, new comers and many more.
Agape Table provides a subsidised breakfast for $1.00. Meals are prepared with fresh ingredients; all items are purchased and prepared in restaurant style.
We offer healthier food choices from our food bank as well our Low Cost Grocery is for guests who wish to access high quality nutritional fresh fruits and vegetables along with quality frozen meats and fresh dairy at wholesale cost.
Agape Table is an independent, charitable, non-profit organization established and maintained to help feed our city’s most vulnerable people.
- We believe in treating our guests with dignity, respect, compassion, and joy. Those who can, pay a small fee for breakfast. Those who can’t, are still welcomed with open arms. We keep our space as clean and comfortable as possible to enhance the experience for our guests.
- We believe that our staff are at the heart of all we do. We are committed to paying a living wage and to treating our staff with grace and respect.
- We believe that our volunteers bring Agape Table to life. We are proud to provide meaningful opportunities to individuals and groups to make a difference in the community.
- We believe that our generous donors are the backbone of Agape Table. We are committed to sharing information about how charitable donations are used, and to using charitable dollars wisely.
- We believe that no organization can do everything on its own. Where appropriate, we are honoured to collaborate with other organizations in Winnipeg to meet the needs of our city’s most vulnerable citizens.
- We believe in fiscal responsibility and effective governance. Our Board of Directors takes its fiduciary responsibility seriously and recognizes that we can only offer current services – and explore future opportunities – when we operate effectively.
Board of Directors
Jim Steep, Chair
Jade Nayler, Vice Chair
Louise Smith, Treasurer
Guy Chartier, Executive Member
Stu Slayen, Secretary
Dave Patton, Board Member
Cathe Umlah, Board Member
Accounting and Donations Management
Heather Powney, Infiniteview Accounting Solutions
Your contributions make lives better
- Travel coffee mugs
- Reuseable water bottles
- Back Packs
- Bus token or pre-loaded Pego Cards
- Coffee and tea
- Cream and sugar
- Feminine hygiene products
- Seasonally appropriate clothing
- Ball caps